7 steps to develop a successful healthcare app for patients
Healthcare apps are revolutionizing the medical industry by integrating technology and thus improving the healthcare experience for doctors and patients alike.
Medical and healthcare apps are usually mobile-first applications that focus on the health sector, including hospitals, pharmacies, doctors’ offices, and clinics.
Almost every industry, including healthcare, is becoming mobile right now. A growing number of medical and healthcare apps are contributing to the well-being and health of people all around the world. Consumers have grown accustomed to relying on such mobile devices to track their physical activity and medication treatments.
The mobile trend has also expanded to professionals. Mobile apps are being made for healthcare providers, hospitals, medical institutes, and physicians. These applications not only help patients remain healthy, but they also allow doctors to treat more people more efficiently.
If you want to develop a custom healthcare application, you've come to the right place. This article will offer a better insight on how to build a successful app.
Benefits of healthcare apps
Healthcare apps are more effective in delivering medical care than traditional methods alone. They provide a digital solution to make patients feel at ease with the treatment process.
Apps for healthcare can:
- Improve the collection of health data;
- Regardless of location, provide prompt care while minimizing medical errors;
- Help optimizing budgets for hospitals and patients;
- Increase communication between doctors and patients;
- Increase client loyalty and engagement by providing time-saving tools for healthcare workers.
7 steps to develop a successful healthcare app
Healthcare apps usually focus on electronic health records, prescriptions and online appointments. Regardless of the goal of your project, here are 7 steps to help you develop a successful healthcare app:
1. Decide the goal of your healthcare app
Before you begin, you must identify the objective of your first health app. There are different purposes for a healthcare app. Here are some examples to help you identify the scope of your project:
- Health Information Management App - These applications are intended to help doctors and patients share medical information. They may also be used to schedule and manage visits with your doctor.
- Professional and Medical Facilities Apps - These applications are aimed at assisting physicians, nurses, doctors, and other medical facility personnel. As a result, they are more complicated and contain advanced functions.
- Apps for Patients - The main purpose of these apps is to deliver high quality care to patients. Simple yet effective, these applications offer a wide range of wellness factors in addition to basic medical support.
2. Determine the target audience of the healthcare app
When you decide to develop a healthcare app, you need to determine the target audience. Think about who you are addressing and what demographic segments they represent. Focus on their health conditions and their treatments. If you decide to make an app for patients, keep in mind that the app should provide personal health advice as well as information on medical conditions and medications. The app will give symptom checks, medication intake suggestions, and treatment guidance. They can also aid in the management of present chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and so on.
3. Choose a suitable platform for your healthcare app
Choose a suitable platform for your healthcare app for patients. Will your healthcare app perform better on a smartphone or a tablet? Will it be developed for Android, iOS, or both? Think carefully about these aspects because it is very important. For example, senior patients prefer webpages, but younger customers may choose to connect with your product using a smartphone app. As a result, your multi-touchpoint approach should be driven by your ideal target audience.
4. Outperforming the competition
There are hundreds, if not thousands of apps in the app store. A successful health app should offer value to its users by providing them with helpful information so that they can live healthier lives. The app should also outperform the competition by offering superior experiences, engaging content, and unique features. So, while creating a healthcare app for patients, make sure your concept is one-of-a-kind. Your concept may already exist in some form in the AppStore, but you may give it a creative touch. Additionally, offer your app outstanding images and a stylish layout that distinguishes it from other comparable apps. The more distinctive it may be, the better.
5. Key features to consider in your healthcare app
Healthcare apps are changing the way that healthcare is delivered. They are changing how people access their own healthcare data, how they interact with their physicians, and how they receive care. As more and more apps enter the market, it can be difficult to know which features are most appropriate for your company. Here are some examples of features that can be used in our future healthcare app:
- Personalized health reports for patients - A personalized health report can help patients understand their conditions better by providing them with a comprehensive overview, including information about risk factors, treatment options, and personalizing their care plan.
- Analytics, reporting, and charting - Given that your app works with data, it should include an analytics dashboard that creates visual reports and charts. Users may simply track their activities or assess their progress this way.
- Chats and video calls - This feature helps connect doctors and patients online and is beneficial for those who do not have the time (or possibility) to visit their doctor in person.
- Dashboards - These are useful for patients and medical professionals alike. They provide a centralized collection of important data helpful to speed up the process of providing treatment, allowing doctors to become more efficient and patients to better understand their health.
- Real-time chat and video - These features are highly common in telemedicine apps, which allow patients to interact with doctors to discuss their health, treatment choices, and to obtain e-prescriptions.
- Patient portal - Patients will be able to receive alerts, reminders, messages, and e-prescriptions from their medical professionals via this tool.
- Global access - Health apps allow patients to access healthcare anytime and anywhere through their mobile devices or PCs.
6. Create a patient-centered healthcare app design
A critical stage in the development of a healthcare mobile application is the design of the user interface and user experience. Even though this stage allows for a lot of flexibility and freedom of choice, you still need to follow a few essential guidelines to ensure that the design is both attractive and user-friendly.
Keep in mind the following tips when it comes to the user experience of your health app
A great app is easy to use and provides a number of convenient features without overcrowding the user experience with unnecessary data. Make sure you take the time to understand the end-user and their needs.
When it comes to text in your app, it is essential to consider not just the fonts but also the text size. The text and different interactive components should also be optimized in size so that all user groups can read them quickly and accurately. Ensure that elderly or visually impaired users can read the material effectively.
- App navigation
Apps for healthcare should be simple to navigate, with easy to click buttons, a comprehensive navigation bar, and fully accessible forms, including enlarged fields and auto-filled fields.
- High speed
Medical apps, in particular, require quick loading times. You must find a balance between UI components and practical functionality. Control the number of graphical components, animations, and text in your application to make it run smoothly and efficiently.
7. Promote your app
After you have launched your app online, there are plenty of options out there when it comes to promoting it. The first step is to ensure that you have accurate and up-to-date information about your app.
Make sure your app store page has a call to action. This is one method to get visitors to download the app right away rather than just browsing and returning later. You may also utilize banners and other advertising materials on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
It is important to note that the goal of promotion is not just to get followers, but to get them excited about your app and interested in downloading it. You need to do more than just post on social media. You should also spend time building an email list of potential users.
Let’s talk about your healthcare app idea!
Here at MCRO Tech, our mission is to bring your ideas to life through creative thinking and up-to-date technology solutions. We build state-of-the-art iOS and Android apps for a variety of industries and business sectors. Be it native or cross-platform apps, we use the latest technologies to build innovative mobile solutions that provide real business value. Reach us at +4 074 721 5726 or on the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org